Underwater Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV)
- The submarines eliminate the need for human divers to be in the water, so the risk to humans carrying out this activity is eliminated.
- The submarine can stay submerged for 4 to 6 hours at a time. This makes data acquisition much more efficient and cost effective as compared to using human divers.
- Video can be live-streamed from the sub to anyone with a computer. This assists greatly with decision making regarding condition assessments or the real time reporting of defects.
- Water sampling can be done as required.
- A grappling arm can be used to physically manipulate objects underwater as required.
- Underwater lighting.